Animation director Chuck Jones and writer Michael Maltese sifted through many alternatives before arriving at the Road Runner character, who would be chased by coyote. The prevalence of roadrunners in southern California provided impetus to the creation of a cartoon about the funny little birds called road runners.
Road runners can run about 21 or 22 miles an hour. “They spread their little stubby wings and shoot up to the top of a big swirl of cactus and vibrate to a stop,” Chuck Jones recounted. “I always thought they were funny- funny by the way they move, not by what they look like.” Enter the Coyote, who is always hungry, and the chase is on. Wile E. Coyote
tries every means he has to trap the Road Runner.
Despite Wile E’s determined tinkerings, Road Runner always manages to outmaneuver him Whenever the chase gets close, Road Runner delivers a well-timed “Beep! Beep!” unfurls his little tongue, steps up the power and shoots away.
- Collection: Worldwide Limited Edition
- Edition size (year): 1,500 pieces (2017)
- Material: Made of finest wool mohair; cotton
- Size: 13.4 inches
- Color: Blue
- Eyes: With embroidered eyes
- Ear tag: With gold-plated "Button in Ear"
- Joints & Pose: None-jointed; standing
- Sound device: None
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of origin: Made in Germany
- CAUTION! This product is not a toy and is intended for adult collectors only.
All rights reserved. LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2017