In 1908, six colored bears were commissioned for presentation to a buyer in London. Four were never seen again: pink, yellow, green and black. Until now! Thanks to a passionate and knowledgeable Steiff collector, the never-before-seen black 1908 bear has at last been discovered. His name is Bruno. Steiff’s archivist and designers carefully studied his intricate details, and the result is a replica that is truly a masterpiece. His red stitched claws and fine sculpting echo the look of the original in every way. He’s five-way jointed, stuffed with excelsior, and has wooden eyes. He features a period-correct patinated button in ear that perfectly replicates the one used in 1908.
- Collection: 2022 Replica Limited Edition (Summer)
- Edition Size: 1,908 pieces worldwide
- Material: Made of the finest black mohair replicated by ‘Steiff Schulte’ & stuffed with wood wool
- Color: Black
- Size: 14 inches
- Eyes: Wooden eyes
- Ear Tag: Underscored steel ‘’button in ear’’ and original replicated ear tag
- Joints: 5-way jointed
- Sound Device: Growler
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of Origin: Made in Germany
- Age Group: Adult Collectors. NOT A TOY.