Earlier this year, Steiff introduced series of “Teddies of Tomorrow,” a new collection crafted from natural and sustainable materials. First was “Hansel,” crafted from an innovative hemp fabric. Now “Basko” joins the series, clad in a soft coat of bamboo fibers and renewable cotton. Stuffed with excelsior and designed in a traditional Teddy bear style, he combines tradition and modernity. This golden brown bear features wooden eyes, a brass trademark chest tag, and paw pads of pineapple fibers. Basko is completed with a gold-plated elephant-motif “button in ear”— celebrating 140 years of Steiff.
- Collection/edition size: 2020 Fall/Winter Limited Edition; 2,000 pieces
- Availability: Pre-order; shipping Winter 2020
- Material: made of viscose (bamboo cellulose) and cotton
- Size: 11.5 inches
- Color: Brown, metallic
- Eyes: with wooden eyes
- Ear tag: with gold-plated "Button in Ear" with elephant motif
- Joints and Pose: 5 Way Jointed
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of Manufacture: Germany
CAUTION! This product is not a toy and is intended for adult collectors only.