Continuing the Steiff “Family collection”, Friedhelm’s horse on wheels pays tribute to Margarete’s great-nephew and former managing director Friedhelm Steiff, who was given a horse on wheels for Christmas 1939. It was his favourite childhood toy, he once recalled: “I used to groom him, brush his mane and give him plenty to drink”. Sadly, Friedhelm passed away in 2019, but he knew his childhood treasure had been chosen for this wonderful family series and naturally felt honored. The mane and tail are made of mohair, the saddlecloth is made of felt, and the saddle and girth are made of vegan leather. It presents itself as a beautiful reminder of the marvelous and magical toys Steiff have made.
- Collection/edition size: 2021 Worldwide Limited Edition; 934 pieces
- Availability date: Spring 2021
- Material: Made of the finest wool felt with vegan leather saddle
- Size: 12 inches
- Color: Brown
- Eyes: with safety eyes
- Ear tag: with gold-plated "Button in Ear"
- Joints and Pose: Standing
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of Manufacture: Germany
CAUTION! This product is not a toy and is intended for adult collectors only.
This item comes in a Special Limited Edition Collectible Box