SPECIAL OFFER: Receive a FREE Teddies for Tomorrow keychain, made of high quality imitation leather, with any purchase from the Teddies for Tomorrow collection! Gift will be automatically added to your cart during checkout.
As the company’s first mascot, the elephant has always played a significant role in Steiff’s history. An elephant was the very first soft toy sewn by our founder Margarete in 1880. Our Bombax is a modern interpretation of this signature animal which has been associated with Steiff since 1897. Our updated elephant has a raised “S” shaped trunk, a symbol of good luck. He’s a proud addition to our "Teddies for Tomorrow" collection, a new series of iconic characters made from alternative, environmentally responsible materials. His coat is bamboo viscose, his paw pads are a plant-based felt, and he’s stuffed with recycled PET bottles. As a finishing touch, he proudly wears a medallion etched with the company’s first logo. Bombax is the perfect combination of both the old and the new, making him a must-have for today’s collectors.
- Collection: 2022 Classic Open Edition / Teddies for Tomorrow
- Age Group: Adult Collectors. NOT A TOY.
- Material: Made of the finest Bamboo-Viscose plush and filled with recycled PET-Bottles
- Color: Gray
- Size: 6 inches
- Eyes: Safety eyes
- Ear Tag: With Brass plated "Button in Ear" and stainless steel chest tag etched with factory logo
- Joints: 5-way jointed
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of Origin: Made in Germany