Steiff has proclaimed 2022 as “The Year of the Teddy Bear,” a commemoration of the 120th anniversary of the world’s favorite toy. As a part of the celebration, we’re re-imaging iconic styles from the past by re-creating them in eco-friendly materials. PB55, “the world’s first Teddy bear,” is the latest design to join the “Teddies for Tomorrow” collection. He’s sewn from bamboo viscose plush, has paw pads made from plant-based felt, and is stuffed with a fiber derived from corn. As a finishing touch he wears a copper chest tag etched with the famous Steiff elephant logo.
- Collection: 2022 Classic Open Edition / Teddies for Tomorrow
- Age Group: Adult Collectors. NOT A TOY.
- Material: Made of the finest Bamboo-Viscose plush
- Size: 14 inches
- Eyes: Safety eyes
- Ear Tag: With Brass plated "Button in Ear"
- Joints: 5-way jointed
- Care: Surface washable
- Country of origin: Made in Germany