Although Steiff produced the world's first Teddy bear in 1902, it was not until 1955 that a koala was introduced into the line. This original style was produced through 1961. In 2023, Steiff is offering a fresh interpretation of a koala as part of our "Teddies for Tomorrow" series. He's called "Xander," and his body is sewn from bamboo viscose. He has natural linen accents on his ears and chest. His foot and paw pads are made from sustainable alcantara, (a simulated suede-like material). Xander is stuffed with corn fiber. He's a new interpretation of a Steiff classic that is sure to appeal to today's contemporary collectors.
- Collection: "Teddies for Tomorrow" Worldwide Limited Edition
- Edition size: 2,020 pieces
- Material: Made of sustainable viscose (bamboo plush and cotton)
- Size: 13 inches
- Color: Gray
- Eyes: With safety eyes
- Ear Tag: With gold-plated "Button in Ear"
- Joints: 5-way jointed
- Care: Surface wash only
- Country of Origin: Made in Germany
CAUTION! This product is not a toy and is intended for adult collectors only.